Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

34th Street South Redevelopment plan

Gary Jones, the city planner who did an excellent job with Grand Central is now focused on the 34th Street South Redevelopment plan. He brought the neighborhoods, the businesses and the City all to the table and then spelled out the sorts of things the plan will encompass, listed all the assets and put out dates for meetings and preliminary milestones. My bet is that the corridor gets built out proper and benefits the neighborhoods immensely:

http://sdrv.ms/10clB4x

www.stpete.org/34

(04-24-2013, 12:51 AM)Kurt Donley Wrote:  Gary Jones, the city planner who did an excellent job with Grand Central is now focused on the 34th Street South Redevelopment plan. He brought the neighborhoods, the businesses and the City all to the table and then spelled out the sorts of things the plan will encompass, listed all the assets and put out dates for meetings and preliminary milestones. My bet is that the corridor gets built out proper and benefits the neighborhoods immensely:

http://sdrv.ms/10clB4x

www.stpete.org/34

Shall we make CONA one of the entities "at the table?"

(This is a repost)

I think we have adequate representation on the Steering Committee, whose members include myself, Trudy Barker (Bayway Isles), Tom Ando (Broadwater), Jodi Davis (GPP), and Judy Ellis (Lakewood Estates). We also had representatives from Coquina Key, Bahama Shores, Maximo Moorings, and Tierra Verde at the meeting.

Additional information on the progress of this project will be posted on our unofficial website:

The Marina District

[Image: graphic.jpg]

(Reposted on behalf of Kurt Donley)

(04-24-2013, 10:21 AM)Judy Landon Wrote:  Shall we make CONA one of the entities "at the table?"

Well, we weren''t invited. But mostly Travis is right, our neighborhoods are well represented, hopefully Travis and Trudy can keep us informed. Also, I have a lot of respect for Gary having worked with him in Grand Central, I doubt the group will need CONA to advocate on their behalf...

(04-25-2013, 07:51 AM)Administrator Wrote:  (Reposted on behalf of Kurt Donley)

(04-24-2013, 10:21 AM)Judy Landon Wrote:  Shall we make CONA one of the entities "at the table?"

Well, we weren''t invited. But mostly Travis is right, our neighborhoods are well represented, hopefully Travis and Trudy can keep us informed. Also, I have a lot of respect for Gary having worked with him in Grand Central, I doubt the group will need CONA to advocate on their behalf...

I am requesting that updates to the 34th St Redevelopment Plan be included occasionally in the CONA newsletter. Nothing extensive - just to keep CONA members advised on progress. At least just posting the public meeting dates and the web site. It would be another avenue to keep the public informed. Please consider this. I wrote up a very short piece to be included in the next newsletter(based on what is on the City website), but if you don't want it in there, I won't submit it. Thanks.

(04-28-2013, 01:29 PM)Judy Landon Wrote:  I wrote up a very short piece to be included in the next newsletter(based on what is on the City website), but if you don't want it in there, I won't submit it. Thanks.

That's fine - It is a good idea to keep all the neighborhoods informed of the progress of the project. Thank you!